Immediately following the attacks of 9/11, the Katrina hurricane, and the Haiti earthquake, all funds for anything other than relief efforts, survivors and heroes practically dried up. Fundraising for anything other than breast cancer during the month of October feels a lot like trying to fundraise for something other than the relief effort following 9/11. This year’s October pink-out can feel especially hard for everyone ignored during the summer of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. So what’s a person to do in October if s/he works for any cause other than breast cancer? How can your organization get attention during the pink tsunami that has become October?
- Resolve to Ask for Planned Gifts
- Resolve to Make Your Workplace a Great Place to Work for Everyone, Including Development Professionals
- What Works: The Top 5 Most Effective Fundraising Strategies
- 2020 Resolution #1 for Small Nonprofits: Begin a Major Gifts Program
- #ThankYouWednesday: The Day After #GivingTuesday
- Grant Writing
- Professional Development